Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I have spent the last week resting and relaxing in Queenstown on the South Island of New Zealand. I am feeling very rested and have caught up on my sleep, which will come in handy for the next few months of go-go-go. :)

It has been great to catch up with my good friends Quentin & Shelley here. I have been able to help them with bits and pieces as they are trying to build a multi-million dollar house on the lake to sell, run a mechanic shop, split a bunch of land, and finish the planning and permits to build thier house, all while living in a small cottage near-by & getting ready to have a baby in the middle of it all. Lets just say they are a bit busy at the moment :)

It has been very chilly here in New Zealand.... ok, so compared to where I am from it is not too bad, but I am used to the warm weather in Brisbane! I don't know what I am going to do when I get back to the northwest in the US, I might just freeze!!!

Yesterday was an interesting day. It started out with Shelley & I deciding to have a baby - themed day to figure out how she was going to fit a baby in her cottage while Quentin was finishing the house on the lake and thier new home. After looking at lots of little baby shoes & having a flash lunch on the town we drove home and got a little shocked when we drove up to find one of the builders relieving himself right in the driveway... we barely avoided an accident trying to not look at him, but still drive through the driveway! After that we went for a bit of walk so Shelley could show me the extents of thier property & one of the builder's dogs came with us, the only problem was that he started chasing rabbits through the hills & we did not know his name. So we went running about chasing a dog yelling out come here dog, hey there little buddy, really anything we could think of... it was so sad and funny at the same time! Finally he got trapped in some bushes & we were able to scoop him up and carry him home, although my arms were tired by the time we got home. Lots of interesting events yesterday!

Tonight we are going to celebrate my leaving and hopefully some good deals made by Quentin today with home made cheesecake & drinks while watching Man vs Wild! :)

We are heading off to go swimming now and than tomorrow I am heading off to Sydney to say goodbye to my Sydney mates and start the road trip around Oz! Should be grand!

Until next time

~Laugh & Love Life~

No comments:

Post a Comment