Sunday, August 1, 2010

The beginning of a Long Jump Home

Over the next 5 months I will be visiting 16 different countries, traveling with 40 different friends, will be visiting countless others, will take at least 19 flights, and will take a photo jumping in every location possible. And this is my blog to record it all.

I will be exploring the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, Germany, Italy, Spain, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, South Africa, Brazil, and the US. To start my trip off I am currently on a plane heading towards the south island of New Zealand to say goodbye to this great island and to some of my close friends. After my time here I will be flying back to Australia so I can drive from Sydney around Australia, through the outback, and to spend some time 4 wheel driving through the Kimberleys.

I had my last day of work last Friday, where I closed up my projects and started finalizing everything in Australia for my departure. Followed by a weekend full of festivities celebrating my departure. (Thanks everyone that joined in, they were awesome!!) It has been sad to say goodbye to Brisbane, where I have been living for the past three years. I had made quite a good life there with some wonderful friends and lots of good times. But, it is time to come back to the US for a while and catch up with old friends and family, well once I get there that is. I should be arriving back in the US around December and will return to the great Northwest in Janurary.
I will post pictures on Facebook as I travel and try to announce on Facebook everytime I update this blog. My consistancy will depend on my internet access as I travel around.

I am currently in New Zealand. There is such a peace that the snow topped mountians give me. It really just reminds me of home. I love breathing in the cool crisp air and driving through the georgeous mountians. I have been treated like royalty by my close friends here. We traveled to the east coast of the South Island to Q's dad'd farm near Palmstown on the south island. It has been great to spend the weekend among the sheep, cows, turkeys, chickens, etc and live the country life for a bit. We are going to explored a bit of the east coast a bit yesterday. We went to this cool shore that had these round perfectly round rocks.

Can't wait to see what else we get up to in New Zealand! :)

~Laugh & Love Life~